STTARR will be holding a PET/MRI workshop this December 3rd to provide researchers with an overview of Preclinical PET/MRI imaging capabilities, contrast agents, translational and clinical studies. This workshop will be in partnership with Mediso USA and Siemens for their preclinical and clinical PET/MRI systems, respectively.
Target Audience: Graduate students, technicians, research associates, PI’s, and postdocs who are interested in using PET/MRI for their projects. The workshop aims at exploring the potential of combined PET/MRI for preclinical and clinical research.
$30 (UHN/internal participants)
$40 (external academics)
Date: Monday, 3rd December 2018, 9:00am –
Location: 101 College Street, Room 4-204, Princess Margaret Cancer Research Tower (formerly TMDT), MaRS East Building, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7
PET/MRI Workshop Tentative Agenda:
9:15 WELCOME NOTE (Dr. David Jaffray, STTARR Director, EVP Innovation & Technology, UHN)
9:30 Session 1 – LET’s GET STTARRTED! (STTARR Scientists)
- Preclinical imaging (Systems, Services, Support)
- PET/MR technical insights to consider for study design, implementation & analysis
- Discussion of research interests from participants
10:45 Coffee Break
11:00 Session 2 – PET Tracers and Multimodality Contrast Agents
- UHN cyclotron facility & available radiotracers (Dr. David Green, Head Radiochemist, UHN)
- Multimodality contrast agents (Maneesha Rajora, MD, PhD candidate from Dr. Gang Zheng lab, UHN)
12:00 Lunch Break
13:00 Session 3 – NanoScan PET/MRI System
- System performance & specifications, examples of applications (Peter Koncz, Mediso USA)
13:30 Session 4 – Small and Large Preclinical Models for PET/MRI Studies
- Pancreatic cancer and hypoxia imaging (Dr. David Hedley, Medical Oncologist, UHN)
- Cervical cancer and radiotherapy planning (Dr. Naz Chaudary, Scientist, UHN)
- Prostate cancer imaging in a large in vivo model (Dr. Carl Fisher, Scientist, UHN)
15:00 Coffee Break
15:15 Session 5 – Translational PET/MRI
- System performance & specifications, examples of applications (Josh Schaefferkoetter, Physicist, Siemens Healthineers)
- Tumor margin assessment tool for pathology co-registration (Jimmy Qiu, Manager Engineering, Techna Institute, UHN)
- PET/MRI from the clinical perspective (Dr. Patrick Veit-Haibach, Director PET/MR Program, UHN)
16:45 FINAL REMARKS
17:00 Networking & STTARR FACILITY TOUR
PLEASE RSVP VIA THIS REGISTRATION FORM, BY 5PM ON TUESDAY, 27TH NOVEMBER 2018.
We have limited seats available. First-come-first-served.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please include any dietary restrictions or allergies on your registration form, and we will do our best to accommodate you.